Saturday 26 June 2010

Morden Park ... An Apology!

In a recent post on here I expressed slight annoyance with Morden Park lacking a bit of je ne sais quoi to make it a more appealing space for the public to use. On reflection this may have been a bit harsh, and for that I apologise!

Earlier today I went for a gentle run (yes, madness in weather like this) around Morden Park, and seeing the place on a day like this - clear blue sky, brilliant sunshine, people enjoying the weekend - made me see the place in a completely different light. I still maintain that running on a mowed grass path in a big wide open space isn't the most inspiring, but with lots more people around the place had a more lived in feel to it.

For the fitness minded there are some interesting facilities available including, apart from grass trails mentioned above, some gravel/clay paths, an outdoor gym, a "trim trail", a basic pitch & put golf course.

The only missing is the roller blading trail mentioned in my previous posting and the set-up would be complete :-)

Regardless of what other facilities I may think is missing there is one thing I can say for certain, I'm glad that Goals Plc didn't get the go-ahead to develop one of their football centres on the Morden Park site ... that in my humble opinion really would have been a crime against nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment